Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

let's take out the financial aid we give to those countries and see how they stand on their own. Oh wait, we don't even need to do that. Canada is $1trillion in debt- Population 35 million. Sweden is $850 billion in debt- 9.5 million population, The Netherlands $350 billion in debt - 16 million population. We are almost $15 TRILLION in debt, to begin to start up MORE social programs, or add more money to them is absolutely DUMB.

More FUD, and yet another attempt to change the topic. We are now ALSO discussing foreign debt of multiple countries.

Lets look at Canada:

Canadian foregin debt

If you change scale to 10 years you will see it consistently going down even in absolute numbers.

Canadian GDP

If you adjust it to GDP, it going down even more rapidly.

Plus, nether of these countries receive US foreign aid

Are you tired of being wrong, because I am tired of correcting you.

Wikipedia? Really? No other sources were available? smirk
I think someone (Sinj) Has been drinking to much of the Kool-Aid!

Here is how to proper attribute numbers in your own post:

Wolfgang, "Random Collection of Numbers for Intrawebs Asshatery", wolfgang's ass vol 73 , Wolfgang Ass Press

You don't get to criticize my references unless you a) cite your own numbers b) provide higher level of references. Still, you got your basic facts so wrong that I don't need to touch on your conclusions.

Erroneously claiming countries receiving foreign aid, when they don't, invalidates any arguments you build on premises of "take out the financial aid we give to those countries and see how they stand on their own". They ARE standing on their own and they ARE doing much better than US.

[Linked Image]