Originally Posted By: sinij
You lose.

Exact quote from original post explaining the video:

Originally Posted By: Kaotic

The only solution I offer is to take a 180 degree turn and return to the principles of the Constitution, which define a limited government, protect individual and states' rights and make no allowance for any of the baggage we have accumulated over the years in the form of entitlement programs.

Own up to it or concede that you have no point.

I thought I did a pretty good job of pointing out that those are not my words, rather they are words from the author's website.

Having said that, I don't disagree with those words. I also don't know to what your comments are supposed to refer.

Originally Posted By: Vuldan

There is NOTHING in the Constitution granting this authority.

This is logical fallacy.

Let me help you understand with following hypothetical example - There is nothing in the Constitution allowing people to fly planes. This statement does not translates into "flying planes is unconstitutional".
Unlike President Obama, most of us here know that the Constitution is NOT "a charter of negative liberties." The Constitution very specifically is the ultimate charter of positive liberties since ALL rights not specifically attributed to the federal government belong to the people. Here's what that means. Any power not specifically enumerated to the government belongs to US.
My point is that creation of any and all entitlement programs is perfectly constitutional and you cannot frame argument based on this.
The reason that this is flat out wrong is that it violates my rights for the government to take money from me and give to someone else. My money represents my time and my hard work. Taking my time and the fruits of my labor by force and giving it to someone else is tantamount to enslaving me for their benefit.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]