Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
I have no problem paying taxes to pay for ...

You don't get to pick and choose. You pay your taxes and then elect people to direct priorities. If they spend all your tax money on hookers and blow, well you should have voted better, but you still got to pay.
Actually I do get to pick and choose. I get to do that with my vote, and since I wasn't here to vote for the formation of most of things I don't like, I'm using every avenue available to me to persuade my fellow citizens to take action now to change them. You'll note that not once have I advocated revolution or not paying taxes. I'm doing things the way our founders intended. I educate myself and form my opinions and then I attempt to do the same thing for others and effect change through the established political process (even though I believe it to be corrupt nearly beyond repair).

You seem to think that we're advocating going outside the law to achieve our ends. None of us are suggesting that. All of us are suggesting that we use the process in place, unlike your friends at Occupy Everything.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]