Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Derid

That type of response is exactly what I am talking about.

Spot on, bravo for helping make my point in such a clear and concise manner.

Your point? Don't make me laugh. You have been doing nothing but spewing conservative sound bites for a while, to the point that KGB had to create separate message board to contain it. We love you bro, but really don't care to read continuous replay of Fox News in your posts. You are conservative, we get it, but stop with FUD already, you can hardly go anywhere on Oracle without stepping into your droppings.

"Government is the problem" and variations of 'red scare' is as cliche as it gets. I know I can't convince you not to charge the windmills with 'government' but at least read up on McCarthy before you start spreading read scare again.

*edited due to later clarification*

Also, your analysis regarding health care is fatally flawed because the free market has proven time and again over the past couple centuries that innovation will occur and cheaper alternatives will become available as long as the market demands them.

The reason health care costs are inflating is the same reason college education costs are inflating - because the govt is pumping a lot of money into the industry, which sets the baseline regarding what they can charge people. Also, govt REGULATIONS that favor the insurance industry also play a factor, such as prohibiting you from buying insurance out of state.

In a free market system, competition drives prices down. What we have now, due to govt involvement is not a free market system, hence the cost issues. The govt adds quite a bit of entropy into the health care system, and it drags the whole system down with it.

You accuse people of spouting "talking points", but your whole rationale does in fact seem Marxist. You seem to be trying to apply Marx's "Iron Law of Wages" to health care costs - except the so-called " Iron Law of Wages" has been thoroughly and utterly debunked.

At the end of the day, its not about whether people have a choice regarding health care ( they actually do, many people choose to go without) but rather about if there is an opportunity for someone else to make money by providing a better service at less cost. People have tried to make a case in the past that this will not happen in regards to other industries, but it always has, every time, as long as the govt was not preventing it.

Last edited by Derid; 11/07/11 09:53 AM. Reason: clarified statement in later post

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)