Derid I saw a resume on that novel, seems interesting.

translate from portuguese to english..

Quote:
Warren Buffett, the third richest man in the world according to the magazine "Forbes", last year earned almost $ 63 million (equivalent to R $ 112 million), but paid $ 6.9 million (R $ 12.2 million) in taxes, as he announced to defend his idea of ​​increasing taxation for higher incomes in the United States.

Republican Congressman Tim Huelskamp published on Wednesday a letter in which Buffett detailed his income tax return. In the document, ensures that the billionaire has managed to reduce its tax base by $ 23 million in charitable contributions, and because much of its revenue comes from investment.

Buffett detailed in the letter that in 2010 earned $ 63 million, but only paid $ 6.9 million in taxes, 17.4% of the tax base of $ 39.8 million, and another $ 15,300 tax withheld on their base salary. The chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Huelskamp said he would like some of their more wealthy, as the chief executive of News Corporation, Rupert Murdoch, follow his example and reveal their statements.

"Clearly many of the richer paying percentages are even lower than mine and make public your information would be useful for legislators could build a more equitable tax bill," Buffett opined. The businessman released on August 15, an editorial in the newspaper "The New York Times" in which she asked that the United States ceased to indulge in the rich tax breaks and proposed raising taxes to billionaires like him.

Buffett believes that the current system, which allows you to sort the profitability of the investments as lower interest rates, is a comparative grievance against the employees in the U.S., where 80% of tax revenues come from taxes on employee relations employee. The "Oracle of Omaha" proposes raising taxes on taxable income over $ 1 million, including dividends and capital gains, and higher taxes for those earning more than $ 10 million a year.

Last edited by Mithus; 10/13/11 03:52 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]