Being educated on what is going on is usually third-hand knowledge or better. It's important, but it must be balanced with actual First-hand Experience in what is going on. Someone living in a cave and reading books on issues isn't going to find a real solution to a problem that someone outside the cave and in the heat of the bullshit is actually experiencing.

Anyway, Helemoto is keeping it real in my opinion. However, when it comes down to it, and I'd be forced to side with a party, it's usually a Republican for the simple fact that they "typically" support the military a hell of a lot better than the democrats do. Not always the case, but more often than not.

Anyway, these kind of discussions normally serve no purpose but to inform everyone else on different perspectives, although it's all rhetoric and solves nothing in the end.

HELEMOTO - get your ass in Vanguard. I think I sent you a ton of armor for your DK and have a lot more in the bank if you need it.

I'll wrap it up with one of my own favorite quotes from an "old guy."

Quote:

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-- John Stuart Mill

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]