Helemoto, I agree 100% that we need to break the tradition of 2 powerful parties, and that there is hardly anything more important than that when it comes to presidential elections. I'd like to see it happen, but I'm afraid that it would take something tremendous in order to pull it off; too many people believe (and I guess they're right) that voting for anyone but republican or democrat is basically throwing your vote away.

On "think for yourself":

Thinking for yourself without being educated on a situation is plain ignorant. While I'm one of the biggest advocates of 'free thought' you'll ever meet, I know that the political bandwagon is not the place for thinking freely from other people's influence. As it stands, politics is all about gathering information, taking a stance, then sharing that stance with as many people as you can. If you don't take a stance that there are already supporters for, you're going to have a hell of a time advocating your beliefs. So while I don't agree with everything that comes out of the liberal end of the spectrum, I feel that the liberals have it right on the things that matter most, like civil liberties.

And while we're throwing quotes around, here's what I assume to be 2 alterations of 1 quote from Ben Franklin:

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-and-
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]