Originally Posted By: Derid
Holy shit, I did not want to enter this thread but dammit Jet, what you are saying is plain insane.

Your precious CBO report itself outlines huge increases in the percentage of GDP health care will eat up.

Fact: Obamacare introduces HUGE taxes as well.

Fact: You were taking data OUT OF CONTEXT in regards to effects of Obamacare

Fact: You have yet to acknowledge the costs and downsides of any program you favor. You make no move to acknowledge the presence of downsides or other consequences and instead post one liners with an out of context copy/paste, as if that somehow is making an argument that the upsides are better than the downsides.

Fact: your debate style is identical to that of a Fox News commentator, except you are making left-wing claims instead of right-ring claims. =P
Instead of insulting all of our intelligence by persisting in the myth that Obamacare is somehow free, just admit that you dont care who gets harmed, as long as your friends get insurance again and you get to feel "good" about that.

Secondly, that you would make such an insane claim that the "New Deal" somehow alleviated the Great Depression is concrete proof that not only have you not seriously researched, but listened only to some of the most extremist lefties. The economy was still shit after the New Deal, WW2 and its ensuing full employment is what ended the Great Depression.

I wont even get into the climate crap.

Having an opinion is great, continually expressing that opinion as fact despite all evidence to the contrary is silly.

Stop being silly.

Did you read the same CBO report that I did? Those cost projections were predicted with or without the healthcare bill.

The New Deal put lots of people to work and built a huge amount of valuable infrastructure and got the wheels of industry turning again. It did not solve all the problems of the time by any means, but it certainly helped. I think the United States was better for it.
WW2 certainly ended it, but could also be considered a government program. Our government subsidized all the war industry at the time. It is easy to forget that.

I think you are being silly. I read the same things you do and I just cant see basis for your opinions. The current right wing agenda of trying to stimulate the economy with tax breaks is not only stupid, but is going to destroy this country and its economy plain and simple.

I challenge you, to produce the facts as you explain them on how much Obamacare is going to cost us.

After everyones bitching about TARP and the stimulus, the CBO has stated that it is only going to cost us a total of 25 billion, which is NOTHING compared to the economic collapse that would have ensued if we did not act. I posted the link to the Frontline study on the meltdown, and I strongly support that view and the facts presented in it. Perhaps you should take the time to watch it.

I just love that all the people that bitched about us intervening into the American car industry's failure have to eat crow. Not only were more than a million jobs saved, but we are being paid back in FULL and it wont end up costing us a dime. Just as promised, our government is backing out of those businesses, not taking them over like some bullshit communist conspiracy theory.

Remember when Reagan bailed out Chrysler in the 80's. We got all that back to, and I dont think you can call Ronald Reagan a communist? Can you?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter