Originally Posted By: Helemoto
I will go one further gay and lesbians should be able to get married, I don't discriminate against women.

Do you actually think Jet discriminates against women because he only wrote "gay marriage?"

The health care bill may not benefit you but will cause a lot more damage then you think.

I don't care what you think of the health care bill - this statement is about as useful as a swift kick to the ribs.

How long should unemployment be extended I believe its been 90+ months now. So how long should it be 150 months or how about 350 months, how long should we support them. I don't have a problem with unemployment but there has to be a limit.

I don't care for our unemployment system at all, but I would rather support the leeches than suffer from the results of massive poverty. Economics suck.

You only support the scientist that say human made global warming is real, you don't support the scientist that say humans don't cause global warming even with the evidence they put out.

The big difference is that he supports proactive scientists in this case. Scientists who suspect that we are contributing to global warming are also looking for ways to reduce our footprint on the environment - do you believe that we should NOT be considerate of our ecosystem?

You don't support peoples belief in a higher power, you don't have to believe in but you debate and I am sure you ridicule them.

I don't think anyone has come out on the forums to say "stop believing in your God!" Many people have posted their own beliefs, especially in response to threads like this. When it comes to threads like this, you see a lot of "I don't agree because..." posts - you don't see many "you're wrong and you'll burn in Hell if you don't renounce your religion" posts.

I know that religious discussion tends to get heated, but if you take a step back and drop your defenses, you might see everyone's views in a different light. Lets also remember that this thread started with a video of Holrom insisting that anyone who is not of his church will not be embraced by Jesus - that sort of message really stirs up the embers!

Another problem with people is that good intentions cause a lot of damage.

Fix't. Don't be dense - liberals aren't the only ones who mean well and fuck up sometimes. My dad always told me that "good intentions pave the road to Hell." That goes for liberals and conservatives alike; no one is exempt.

Holy shit (pun intended), I hate politigious threads. I'm done with this thread - I hope you guys manage to pull your heads out of your asses!

PS - Helemoto, I'm sorry for only tearing your post apart. I could dig into some of Jet's posts just as bad, but I only had time for one roasting this morning!

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]