Quote:

They do really - you can pretty easily infer what category a game will fit in. A sandbox will always be touting player freedom, choices and talking about stuff you can do that effects the world.

MMCOAGs will always be talking about the gfx, content, and things the developers have set up for you to do.

PAAG games will always be talking about their combat system/etc

Its pretty easy to tell that Warhammer and AoC will be MMCOAG, Darkfall is a Sandbox and GW2 will likely be a PLAAG.

They don't specifically tag thier game with such "ratings" though, they imply a great deal, but do not plainly state as such so as not to exclude anyone. Nor do they design said games with these sorts of classifications in mind, and eventually most games will tack on such aspects later to improve sales in a specific area that the game was not originally designed with. Which in the end leaves said games woefully weak overall when compared to a game designed from the ground up with one of the aboves features. Either way, the point is that many games currently lack trend dumping innovation, especially in pvp and need to start looking at developing community around the game with social aspects in place to enhance the community and foster dynamic player driven content.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]