Quote:

I know i'm a relative stranger here, but couldn't help but add my 2 cents. KGB has, and will always be, dominated by the herd mentality. What people enjoyed, from what i suspect, from KGB is the structure that it provided in worlds that provided little to none, namely UO and SB.

The problem is, the mainstream MMO player these days have WoW to go back to, and as much as people tend to hate that game, it will be the basis for mmo's for a long time, unless DFO proves to be as ambitious as they claim to be, which i'm sure all of us have doubts of.

You guys have a good mainstay of members, all of which seem to be gaming in different worlds. Don't you think it's time to make concessions and pick a game for the sake of unity? God knows my old guilds from DAOC and SB have fallen apart due to the old, age trap of "We're waiting for the perfect game." Would hate to see KGB as the final casualty of the UO guilds.

There will probably never be another UO, or EQ for that matter, because people have the choice of other, easier to learn, games. It's like women, if your standards are too high, chances are you'll never find that special one.

-Syloc

Interesting points. There is a part of this behind the scenes that you cant see from the outside. Many of us frequent our Ventrilo server, to BS and or play whatever game happens to be the "in" thing at the moment. From jumping back in WOW to playing Kartrider, all KGBers are gamers at heart.
It is much like a country at peace. Once we find a world we can enjoy and will hold our interest, we will unite and make a real go of it. Until that time, we can enjoy some casual gaming. I am sure the day will come. There are many people out there waiting for the same thing we long for, someone will see the income potential in this and give us what we desire.
We have to continue to be patient.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter