I don't think forcing people to play one game is the way to go. If you force people to play a game they don't wan to or leave the guild, they'll simply leave the guild. It's not like they have guns pointed to their heads. On the other hand, if a game is good enough, people will flock to it without needing to be told to do so.

The past few years weren't great for games, there are a few games on the horizon that say they're going to offer an alternative to what's currently available... we just have to wait and see if they actually do.

For me at least it's not about waiting for the perfect game, it's just waiting for a game I actually feel I can play for about a year if not more. I tried a Vanguard trial, didn't really feel it was the game for me, and didn't buy an account. Tons of people on the other hand did, they enjoyed it for a few months, and have now moved on.

As Jet pointed out, the KGB is maturing, having kids, getting jobs, going to college, whatever each individual's case. At the moment many of us are choosing to tackle real life while there's no game to play. I for one have a pretty tough semester (6 weeks until it's over though I think, can't wait,) and am only playing an hour or so of Team Fortress a week. I'm sure though that if a great game comes out, I'll be able to find a little bit more time to invest in a game.

I'd love to find a game to dominate, even if it's not a fantastic game, or if it's not an MMO, and dominate it well. Realistically speaking though, I don't really want to shell out any money just for a placeholder game, and even games I have such as TF2... I really don't see me logging into Vent to get real coordination going on.

Who knows though, if there were always a vent channel full of people playing, I guess it would take little effort to spend my one hour a week in a server full of KGB instead of a random server. And it doesn't necessarily have to be TF2, that was just an example, I know there are other games that far more of us have. If people want to talk about that though, that's probably best left for another thread.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]