Quote:

Drak,
The reason I make posts like this on the front page is to get as many opinions as possible, and not just from the KGB inter circle. I very much appreciate you and others that take the time to chime in and share your feelings.
I always strive to improve my performance as KGB leader, and I have learned to do this Captain Picard style. That is:
1) Propose the options
2) Gather information and opinions
3) Make the best choice possible for the organization as a whole.

I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and opinions, as I feel they are of value to our organization and our future.

Without question KGB is a great location for civillized discussion, I personally have very radical viewpoints or opinions, and in the past I have rather unintentionally upset people, so I have learned to blunt my sharper comments in the presence of those I either do not know very well, or those I feel might misunderstand me.

Most recently, I have been seeking a more idealised game, with mechanics playing a more centralized role and graphical eye candy taking a back seat. I've sought certain guild empowering features and pvp elements and the closest thing I can find is Talisman. All for the benefit of guild enhancement or a themed guild design, as my ultimate goal is to build a fully realized and successful guild using many of my own ideologies and those of others.

More now than ever, am I starting to view gaming as a self aware game instead of a massively aware one from the context of the individual as well as from that of a guild perspective. In doing so I believe a guild needs to be located in a game that grants it those things most important, and that importance is defined by the guilds theme and beliefs as well as those of it's membership. By default those who join a guild join it for those very same reasons, and in doing so seek the same sorts of gaming experiences. This does not nessesarily mean that a guild will find that in each new game in development or that such cutting edge next generation games are going to provide it, sometimes you have to look into the past to see the future, sometimes knowing where you come from, helps you to know where your going, and it is this philosophy that has aroused some curiosity in your discussions.

Last edited by Drakiis; 02/27/08 02:52 PM.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]