Quote:

As far as the 9/11 stuff goes, I think there is a "relativly decent chance" that there was... a LOT going on regarding that, that isnt yet accepted in popular culture.

That doesnt necesarrily mean I buy into one particular theory 100%, but regardless of who,why, and who knew- I am almost 100% certain that there is alot more to it than accepted.

Or in other words, there is enough evidence out there to state with almost total certainty that the whole story wasnt told, and that many things were misreported- but not enough to lay blame on any particular party or buy into one particular "conspiracy theory".

If you get a chance read the (Pulitzer Prize Winning) book "The Looming Tower." I think it's a legitimate arguement to say that the U.S. had prior knowledge (or atleast could have connected the dots) of 9/11. The problem is that between the CIA and the FBI and thier in-fighting, information was not freely shared between the agencies leaving niether agency with a clear picture of the 9/11 plot.

The problem is it's a BIG jump from 1) several agencies having minor knowledge of 9/11, but not connecting the dots to 2) Bush having prior knowledge of 9/11 and being completely complacent in allowing it to happen; and an even FURTHER leap to 3) Our government planting explosives in the trade towers because "fire can't melt steel".

I personally will never understand the desire of some Americans to blame the world problems (evern terrorism) on the U.S. As if the world were a perfect Utopia before, and would be again after, the U.S. (General statement not directed at anyone)

Quote:

Julio said: "Frankly anyone who blames 9-11 on the U.S. is a cook and should outright be brought up on charges of treason"

- Now thats just damn scary Julio. Seriously.

Imprisoning and harassing those who take positions against the state sanctioned view of thinking is something the Nazis and Communists are infamous world-over for. It saddens me that so many US citizens are now looking to them as role models.

Don't worry Derid, it was a "tounge in cheek" statement. If someone were actually brought up on charges for a thought/idea/stance I would be the first one taking to the streets, pitchfork in hand...

Quote:

Also, while yes we should focus more on American problems, the UN should have done what we did in Iraq years ago. It's sad that the US is the only country that stood up and actualy had the balls to say 'enough is enough, this villian has to be brought to justice.

I couldn't agree more... After countless Resolutions/Sanctions against Iraq the U.N. still wouldn't move... The originization is a complete joke... It was only after 9/11 did we realized that we cannot let these tyrants continue to disregard our (U.N.) authority and not allow weapons inspectors in. Had Saddam let the inspectors have free riegn and Bush still wanted to invade I would be with the anti-war crowd. Hind sight is 20/20 but at the time we only had one decision to make and we cannot regret it. Frankly I think that our only mistake was to think that we could "Nation Build." As far as I'm concerned we should issue warning to tyrants who pose a threat to the U.S., topple thier governments and let the citizens sort it out.