Quote:

To bad alot of it is way out of context, or, propogated by self-serving politicians who were bowing to the wave of current public opion- which at the time was heavily influenced by post-911 PftNAC propoganda machine.

At the time many of those politicians were spewing some of that crap, the Dixie chicks of all people were being assailed as un-american, and going against the grain was considered by most a sure-fire career death sentance. The pre-Bush statements were used as justification for continuing embargoes, which suited the then-President just fine and are unrelated to the calls for war.

It is that very fact combined with the obvious media puppeteering that made the reg flags go up in the first place for me.

You say you can go on? If youd like I start picking apart each reference one by one, but since I wouldnt be quoting any sites with pre-canned servings of rebuttal I'll see how you respond before investing the time and effort, because frankly, I am reasonably sure you realize I am 100% correct without me having to do so.

Just goes to further prove that it really doesn't matter which side you vote for - they both shift with the winds of public whim to get publicity, popularity, and win elections. More proof that to really win one for America, a strong independent leader is needed who is actually looking out for the good of the country as a whole.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]