Quote:

My objection to Ron Paul is that he is a kook, a conspiracy theorist, and a 9-11 'truther' who thinks that somehow the Bush Administration was behind 9-11, or at least knew about it and did nothing.

For some examples, go here, here, or here, or <a href="here" target="_blank">here</a>.

The guy is a loon.

Interesting....

That was 2 links, not 3 BTW. The first and last are the same.

For the first: One blogger, does in fact not like him. Dean Barnett, who also wants him removed from the debates is making an attack blog. And? His biggest deal is that Rupert Murdoch's minions are biting into him on their show. Well, I've never confused Hannity nor Colmbs for true conservatives TBH.

What the blog fails utterly to do, is provide any real substance, rather the opposite - claims to not even take him seriously.

Oh , a nice little quote from that blog:
"Strict constructionism and original intent are fine things, but shoving every problem and every issue through the Founder’s Intent meat-grinder is lunacy."

Now, if I didnt read that right the blogger in question just said that matching new law to origional intent of the Framers is lunacy. Intuition says that said blogger was also likely one of those touting "Constitution a living document" or "Constitution is not a death sentance" back right after 9/11.

So lets move on to the interview by Alex Jones. Now, I dont agree with everything Alex Jones has said by a long shot, TBH Loosechange911 was also much much better than his own Documentary about it, as I found Alex Jones 9/11 documentary rather lacking and not supported by much verifiable info TBH.

That aside, watch the actual interview. Ron Paul simply states his positions on tax,money,borders and liberty. He does pay Alex Jones and his audience the compliment that they understand the important of civil liberties here at home. And?

Hmmm....

Yeah thats about it. I encourage every one to go read it. TBH most candidates have friendly meetings with those who represent groups of people that they have disagreements with.

So, hardly a slam dunk there. I suggest actually viewing Ron Pauls policy and voting history.

Smaller govt.
Less tax.
Less intervention internationally.
Sovieregn borders.
Moving monetary policy to be based on commodities again. (This is TBH the issue I am most skeptical about. The issue is a super complex one however. Economics on that scale is never a black and white, clearcut science.)

I encourage people to ignore the pundits (both pro and anti Paul) and check it out for yuorself.

And no, he is not so far right he is left.

There is really nothing left-wing about Ron Paul. Though most of the GOP field is in fact so left.... they are... well, leftists. Closet leftists in many cases, but leftists nonetheless.

When you read something particularly incendiary or critical of Ron Paul, I urge people to think back to the 2000 election when during the primaries Karl Rove was having fliers passed out and people phoned in push-polls saying things like McCain had children out of wedlock etc, and ask yourself if maybe what you are seeing might "possibly" have been either fabricated or taken out of context by someone with an agenda/axe to grind.