I'm not saying thet desrve to be there, and I totaly agree that it was wrong for us to go into Iraq for the reasons we did. Yes, it is an injustice that our troops are being forced to stay there. But as part of the UN, a governmental alliance which last I knew was supposed to be ensuring things like;

"life, liberty and the security of person"
Article 3 - (UN) UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

"No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment."
Article 5 - (UN) UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

it at the very least should have been the responsible thing for the UN as a whole to go and remove a tyrant who is willing to kill his own people with chemical weapons (launched chemical attacks against 40 Kurdish villages and thousands of innocent civilians in 1987-88). Hey, look, he did have a WMD and it's unlikely that he'd use his only chemical weapon against his own people. I don't think the way this war was started was correct at all, but if the UN wasn't going to do this, then atleast the US is humanitarian enough to be willing to liberate others from oppression.
Quote:

Iraqis found dead every week may beg to differ with you, despite the fact that not many of them liked Saddam.

You mean the same Iraqis who are dead because other Iraqis blew them up with a car bomb?

You're right, they were so much better with Saddam in power then they are now. He was only using chemical weapons that can imeadiatly cause; Death by asphyxiation, Skin burns and blisters, Impaired vision, blindness, Breathing difficulty, respiratory shutdown, Vomiting, diarrhea, digestive shutdown, Neurological disorder, Convulsions, comas OR LONGTERM EFFECTS; Permanent blindness, Disfigurement, Respiratory, digestive and neurological disorders, Leukemia, lymphoma colon breast lung skin and other cancers, Increased miscarriages and infertility Severe congenital malformations and other birth defects... and hell "5,000 civilians, many of them women, children, and the elderly, died within hours of the attack." (I think 10,000 die in total after some time goes by) is SO much better then the hell we're putting them through now where they have to walk up steps and actualy get to vote for who they want to lead their country...

Quote:

Quote:

It's a life they chose to go into. I think it's horrible how civilian people want to do the same thing now they did in Vietnam and not support our troops.

I've never seen even a small inkling of this from any quarter. If this sentiment does in fact exist, please point me in its direction, as some people are in dire need of being torn down publically and made to look like idiots. There is a huge difference between disagreeing with the politicians who make the calls regarding a war, any war, and supporting or not supporting those who actually have to go fight it.

Quote:

Who is the "we" in the "fighting for what we beleive in"? Personally I think supporting the troops often means bringing them home safe as soon as possible. Alot are overdeployed, tired and would surely like to see their families. I'm not to sure theyd appreciate random people speaking for them talking about things like pride.

You don't think that sentament exsists? Look at the news/media and ask any Vietnam vet if that looks even vaugly familiar to them. (watch yourself cause you might get an ass whooping from them for asking such a stupid question) I've spoken to a few friends and relatives who went to Vietnam, and they all are quite pissed that the civilans and media are clamoring about how we should 'pull out of a war that's not ours' just like when they were in Vietnam. These Vet's all seem to think that these things are makeing things worse for the soldiers there. Soldiers are trained to do their job and do it to completion. While they might not want to be over there, I'm sure they'd rather compleat their objectives and come home as victors, heros and saviors of the Iraqi people, then having to put their tails between their legs and give up to a much smaller group of poorly trained terrorists. And that which oddly enough my cousin, (who's on 3rd deployment in Iraq) and alot of those serving with my cousin, seem to have a very strong agreement with.

I'd had hope that it would be obvious that the 'we' would stand for the American peoples as "WE" seem to enjoy democracy where "WE" can argue about politics and wars and say things like 'our president is an asshole(evil)' with out worrying about nerve gas or black opps dragging us out of our houses in the middle of the night. Or have the right to worship any god(s) or no gods as we please compaired to the Shi'ites in Iraq when Saddam was in charge.

Bringing them home safe as soon as possible would be a great thing, especialy if the Democrats, who keep putting up bills they KNOW the president is going to VETO just to 'make a point', would pull their heads out of their asses and actualy fully fund our troops to do their job and do it with proper resources. But hey, it's not like any of their kids are in Iraq, so it's prolly not a big deal having to piss around another month or so till the next war funding bill is drafted and put up to vote....

And yes, alot of our troops are overdeployed, tired, missing their families, and going through hell. It's too bad the US is the main factor in something the world as a whole should be trying to aid.

Quote:

I'm not to sure theyd appreciate random people speaking for them talking about things like pride.

Untill they can come home, someone needs to speak out for them... I'd rather be proud that our troops are doing something noble then pissed about it.

I think being proud in what they are doing is going to make them feel a hell of alot better about themselves, then saying things like, "it's a stupid pointless war, that we shouldn't be a part of". If they think I'm an ass for thinking like this, I'll appologize to each and every one of them I come across.

Untill they can come home, I will them and our

Troops, kick some ass!

Last edited by JaconClay; 06/05/07 09:47 PM.

Jacon Clay 3xGM mage voted as "The Worst Red Ever" "I'm okay at PvP... But what I lack in skill, I make up for in Luck" "I love Wisps!" ~ the day 4 wisps killed 3 SL blues chasing my red. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?