Quote:

If anyone is serriously considering Hillary as a viable option for president, I suggest you do a search on a Florida attourney named Jack Thompson, Hillary is backing his 'holy war'. He is dead set in his mind that ALL video games are evil and train those who use them to become merciless killers. I'm all for a female president, I just don't want anything to do with any caddidate male or female that wants to target my video games.

Couldnt agree more with that.

Quote:

Also, while yes we should focus more on American problems, the UN should have done what we did in Iraq years ago. It's sad that the US is the only country that stood up and actualy had the balls to say 'enough is enough, this villian has to be brought to justice.'

Uhhmmm. ....... I thought it was about WMD, posing a threat
to american interests, and involvement with 9/11. Well, that was the rationales at the time. Only now do people say "bring a villian to justice". W T F?

So your saying hundreds of billions, 3500 US soldiers lives, 10's of thousands of amputations, and several HUNDRED
THOUSAND Iraqis dead since the "war" was worth it, simply cause Saddam was a bad guy? I'm sure the scores of Iraqis found dead every week may beg to differ with you, despite the fact that not many of them liked Saddam.

Quote:

We should support our troops and be proud that they are there fighting for what we beleive in. They are there, because they are in the millitary.

Who is the "we" in the "fighting for what we beleive in"? Personally I think supporting the troops often means bringing them home safe as soon as possible. Alot are overdeployed, tired and would surely like to see their families. I'm not to sure theyd appreciate random people speaking for them talking about things like pride.

Quote:

It's a life they chose to go into. I think it's horrible how civilian people want to do the same thing now they did in Vietnam and not support our troops.

I've never seen even a small inkling of this from any quarter. If this sentiment does in fact exist, please point me in its direction, as some people are in dire need of being torn down publically and made to look like idiots. There is a huge difference between disagreeing with the politicians who make the calls regarding a war, any war, and supporting or not supporting those who actually have to go fight it.

Quote:

Every time someone says we need to leave Iraq, we're insulting our millitary personal who are risking their lives to try and bring some stability to a land that's been chaotic far too long. Not to mention if we were to just up and leave now, the new Iraq government would prolly collapse with out our help and the neighboring countries would carve it up for themselves.

I wholeheartedly disagree with the first part, unfortunatly I have to reluctantly agree with the second part to an extent. Except I dont think the Iraqis qould be so lucky as to be taken under the wing of a stable government, most likely it would start to look something like afghanistan in many areas.

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

"Theodore Roosevelt in the Kansas City Star",
May 7, 1918