Originally Posted by Goriom
A. It's not racist because prisoner is not a race.

That was a gotcha question. I will now quote incarceration statistics, showing racial differences in incarceration and will proceed to smear you for being anti-black. See how it works?

B. Non-citizen immigrants who commit violent crimes should be kicked out based on their crime, not their race.

This was also a gotcha question. I will quote violent crime statistic, show that it skewed non-white, I will assert this is because poverty/systematic racism and accuse you of being racist. See how it works?

C. No. full stop. Expressing hatred for "our" way of life is such a bullshit leading question. What happened to "free speech".

This leaves us with a question - how could a democracy exist if people are not committed to democratic principles? Yes, I understand free speech protections for citizens, it is necessary evil to tolerate anti-democratic views to preserve our freedoms, but why invite more of this evil if there is way to avoid it?

My Irish relatives would have never made it into this country if we bared people based on where they were from. My Greek relatives would have never made it into this country if we banned people based on where they were from.

I am too an immigrant. I agree that "where they were from" is very imperfect substitute for "who they are". However, I am convinced that there are places in the world where a very few good people live. Otherwise how would you explain these places being hell on Earth throughout history?

We are a country that went from "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

If we understand that 'well regulated militia' means something else today, why are you literal in this reading? Even then, I am sure the quote didn't include "give me all your pyrates and cutthroats" in the scope.

Last edited by Sini; 01/12/18 07:43 PM.

[Linked Image]