I only care because I am a middle aged white guy from the south and apparently I am a racist. I really don't care about a bunch of statues, what I do care about is this constant moaning about how I am the cause of all the problems minorities face. I work 50 hours a week or more to provide for my family, I am not rich, not college educated (obviously), I did not own slave's...my family is not from a line of southern wealth that did own slaves. My family was poor and everything I have has been earned at jobs you would think are beneath you from the sounds of it...I don't owe anyone anything. I spent 10 years in the Army serving this country so I resent the implication that I am a Nazi sympathizer or racist in any shape...I have always judged men on who they are and how they act not what they look like.

This is America, you want something you work toward it..you may not get what you want but maybe your kids will by learning from your example...that is the American Dream. We as Americans are not owed anything, the only guarantee in life is that it will end. People need to quit living in the past, in America if you are good at what you do you will prosper, maybe just maybe people today have too high of an opinion of what life owes them.

America is not perfect, we have issues, we have been very hard on every group of immigrants that has ever landed on our shores not to mention what we did to the people who were here first. America is a dream, an idea and in working toward it we all improve and things get better, not overnight but over time and yes sometimes over a long period of time. We need to know our history and learn from it but we do not need to dwell on it, wallow in self pity or rage at the moon. We start again every day trying/hoping to do better.

I am not the only person who feels this way...that is why we rail at east/west coast liberal elites who tell us how bad we are not some love of a bygone era.

Sermon over...pardon the lack of debate club reasoning.