Originally Posted By: Sini
Originally Posted By: Derid
factor being SJWs

I want to believe this, because I am very opposed to these censorious self-righteous fucks, and would find solace in Trumps win if this is the end of them, but is it want-make-belief or factual?

Seeing as we are not lately into trolling each other, I'd warn you to not subscribe to what you want to be the truth to what is actually is.

You don't think that anti-PC mentality had anything to do with galvanizing Trump support? In the end, it's hard to quantify everything, but I certainly think it a major factor in myriad ways. Not necessarily as an immediate cause-effect relationship, as in people didn't necessarily vote Trump in response to an immediate SJW action (other than Hillary) - but consider the following:

MSM widely came together to condemn everyone not supporting Hillary as sexist/racist. I think many people resented this, and it stoked motivation.

Underprivileged whites being told how privileged they are, due to skin color. Despite their lives and background certainly not feeling it.

Gloating bandying about in MSM of demographic trends, and how whites were becoming irrelevant, and would soon be a minority. And how it would be a good thing.

Hillary and DNC unabashed identity politics, and their allies that ran with it over the SJW cliff.

Even the Guardian article https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...linton-liberals notes:

"How did the journalists’ crusade fail? The fourth estate came together in an unprecedented professional consensus. They chose insulting the other side over trying to understand what motivated them. They transformed opinion writing into a vehicle for high moral boasting. What could possibly have gone wrong with such an approach?

Put this question in slightly more general terms and you are confronting the single great mystery of 2016. The American white-collar class just spent the year rallying around a super-competent professional (who really wasn’t all that competent) and either insulting or silencing everyone who didn’t accept their assessment. And then they lost. Maybe it’s time to consider whether there’s something about shrill self-righteousness, shouted from a position of high social status, that turns people away."

I certainly do think there is something about shrill self-righteousness that turns people away.

I also think that the general environment has led many white people to begin thinking in racial terms. Though I have anecdotal evidence of such, I think the most compelling proof is in the pudding. Non-coastal enclave whites voted for Trump as assiduously as any minority ethnic group voted for Democrats. That so many of them had previously supported Obama seems to contradict the media narrative that they are racists. (though sure, racists do exist among them)

So, without factoring in blowback from identity politics and SJW hectoring and threats, how do you explain it?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but something sure scared and agitated white people - including white women - into dropping previous voting and polling patterns, and voting as an ethnic bloc. The person they voted for also happens to be the most non-apologetic anti-PC figure in politics. Coincidence? I doubt it. Are there other factors? Sure, absolutely.

One should keep in mind that, at least in the Midwest, identity politicians and SJWs are mostly seen as tools of elitist, pampered, coastal nobility.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)