I don't know, but I guess we will find out. I have to admit, I didn't see this coming, not really. Maybe on some level, I didn't want to know. After all, I hadn't really been paying too much attention, Hillary vs Trump was just too depressing.

Of course it is obvious in hindsight. Number one factor being SJWs, combined with demographic forecasts, finally scaring white people - even white women - into adopting the same racial identity politics as other groups, and voting, as a group. Numbers I have seen put whites supporting Trump almost to the degree blacks support a Democrat in a typical year, and about on par with Latino Democrat support.

Take out the liberal coastal areas, and the numbers surely will reflect a white populace in line with, but opposite of, black voting trends. I have to wonder if the Left is happy now, that they scared pretty much the entire Midwest into voting for a madman.

I also have to wonder if they are happy about the role they played in delegitimizing the libertarian, reformist strain of the GOP, when it went to take on the banksters and NSA. I warned at the time that doing so would just channel the malaise people felt but couldn't always articulate, into other, unpredictable directions. But strategic thinking isn't a strong suit of the political class in this country, and the left wanted to win the whole pie, and crush any ideological competition. Well, it is crushed, and here we are. Someone with no scruples or principles of any sort, and an infantile mentality will likely be President, and his party will likely control both houses of the legislature.

It's a sad day. It was going to be a sad day regardless, but at least Hillary winning but being faced with GOP legislature would have felt relatively "safe." Trump winning, with a GOP legislature to boot, doesn't feel safe at all.

Looking at Gary Johnson performance, it is easy to see that nominating Bernie would have easily clinched the election. Gary didn't perform at 3% because of anything he himself did, but rather because of HillaryTrump. A civil libertarian in a major party would easily and obviously have siphoned all those votes, for an easy electoral path.

Corrupt and inept DNC is at least as much to blame as anyone.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)