Ah, the ever evolving, never changing problem of open versus closed factions. Yes, I am well aware of the conflicting information in the statement.

Once upon a time, there was a good reason, maybe, kinda, with respect to creating open factions in games with limited KGB presence, that allowed members to join forces with allies or other guilds to play games which were not of great import to the majority of KGB. For good, bad or indifference, the program was implemented, and frankly has been nothing but a headache 9 out of 10 times. It is the rare title in which KGB is present, that being open factioned, does not cause problems. I have never been a fan. If there is insufficient membership for a specific game, there should be NO KGB presence. Period. Otherwise, if there are 5 or 6 or 10 or 100, it should be a 100% KGB FACTION, closed under the definition, and no other option. If KGB needs numbers to participate in things, then form alliances. As Tax stated, and others, there never should be another option.

We have become entirely to lenient with respect to this. It causes issues, KGB reputation suffer's and in the end, we lose members who have been solid parts of our family because there are not clear guidelines to follow and a formal KGB faction to belong to. I still hold the guild in SWTOR for christs sake, one lonely Jedi Knight..LOL.

So, what does KGB BDO need. Well, first, close the faction now. Period. Second, it needs a more focused group of KGB with an understanding of the game mechanics. Im talking to anyone who might be interested, currently in KGB and not playing this title. The game is intense and deep, but worth a second look.

We have excellent folks here already who know and are the go to resources, I am not talking about them, I am talking about the rest of the KGB family who is not in BDO, but who might be interested. The faction needs to be closed, immediately, and the current leadership, with a plan, needs to press forth the mission that is most productive to KGB in BDO. I have no idea what this is, I am too recently back. I would suggest a council, much like back in the UO era, not because I am nostalgic for the good ol days, but because it worked. I would resurrect the Ambassador corps, and begin recruiting. There are large numbers of players running around BDO, start bringing them into KGB. You won't keep them unless you have the first part complete, the focus and where we are headed part.

The beauty of BDO is also in the game mechanics. KGB once again has an opportunity for groups of mounted patrols to keep the lowbie innocents safe from the murders and scum which seem to roam. BDO is more UO like that Archeage, which also is a great benefit in terms of game play, and ability to do things without wasting all of your personal time is also great. Harvesting etc, conducted primarily by your hired workers and crafted in your workshops that do not require you to be in them to produce, is a nice touch. But I digress, you all, mostly, know all of this.

So, I will add to this conversation when I get home. I will pull up the Ambassador documents, and purposes, as well as the emblems and ranks for those positions. If there is interest, I will put them to the Senate and Jet and Romeo to push into existence. Form training and combat teams, much like the old squads, and get people focused on the group and not the individual. That is also part of the problem with open faction, its to easy to be a loner, and then bitch cause being alone gets you killed or whatever.

KGB is and was about our values and ideals. And at the end of the day, it still is. The actions of just one of us become the reputation of all of us, we have seen this over and over and over again. So, pull out the old values, implement the rewards, ranks and structure that is vital to the Guild, put in place the focus required of the newer generation of KGB and start recruiting players through the normal system, applications, sponsors and probations in place.

Just my 47000 silver.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]