Yes you could say that. However if I could be convinced that there was a moral aspect, I would change my view. I have simply never encountered a compelling argument in favor. But I absolutely do value human well being above non-human well being. I actually hold forth that it is immoral to place non humans above humans.

Of course like I have said previously, I have no objection to other people living how they please and eating whatever they want to eat and etc. My primary objection is when people endorse the use of violence ( including but not limited to govt violence ) against those who do not hold the same values - particularly when said values cannot be said to have a basic in logic.

I look at animal rights extremists in more or less the same light as I view religious extremists. For either group, it comes down to faith in their beliefs and a sense of well-being imparted by holding and proselytizing those beliefs as opposed to a reasoned position on the proper order of society.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)