I am calling bullshit on the science rebuttal. Whomever was quoted as giving the rebuttal refers to "We Vegans". The use of "we" self identifies the speaker as a Vegan and is justifying rebuttal to the position that a plant is not "Sentient" therefor it is not considered "Living" as part of this discussion.

I would argue that with domestication and the continued breeding of livestock to be passive would qualify as the same reasoning for "Sentient". The goes on to further say that "Sentient" as well refers to "Self sustaining survival" as part of "Sentient" and since lettuce and carrots don't try and run away or grow spikes to defend themselves from being killed, they are not living.

Domesticated Livestock fall into that same category then. Cows are bout the stupidest livestock on the freaking planet. They know how to eat, crap, sleep, procreate, and nurture their young. They don't have the common animal instincts anymore for pure survival of there native species because it has been breed out of them. They are kept in fields with simple cattle crossings because most livestock isn't smart enough to figure out how to beat simple gaps in grate in order to just walk out of the pasture.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!