Thank you Sinji you sumararized very well,
I would alike to add, your argument, puting aside with the technology advancing and the eviromental question arising about feed billions of people, people will in the future eat meat just for tradition. Some researchers say the taste of a food is more illusionary that you would think, will not be to long for the industries to mimics the same "taste, flavor, smell and meat,hamburger and others food. So in the future people will be eating an hamburger without really eating the real meat and they will do not know the difference.

while Mister Derid tried to complicate too much the arguments [suicide]

I also have to thank Derid to open my mind to reasearch on Descarts:

He reasoned that if the animals felt pain then what was done to them would be so horrific that God would never allow it. Since God did, in fact, allow it, then it follows logically that dogs and rabbits don’t feel pain. There is no reason to think any other animals do, either. As Descartes went on to argue, animals don’t have souls, and without a soul, you can’t feel pain.

If this is the true about his animal views I do not want ever read more about his machinist theoery, he was a genius, Now I can sleep well eating meat. {popcorn}

I'm going to research more, this must be false about him.. I'm picturing Jetstar now about God.. and their presence on earth..

Last edited by Mithus; 03/22/12 11:34 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]