Thank you all for your insights into KGB, it helps create a clearer picture of KGB knowing that the leadership here is not reactive but proactive, and that Jet and the others are always trying to improve the guilds function and social dynamics instead of encouraging the dysfunction of the guild and it's members. I will not comment on Zorak out of respect, whether he deserves that respect or not is not my place to say. But I will say that having been an officer, and a leader I am well aware of the fact that all guilds develop social issues, yes it is the nature of the beast. Since guilds are little more then social clubs, which add to a greater gaming community, drama is almost a certainty, but it's how those issues are handled which is important to me.

My experiences in Cadre Quietus and other guilds, has left a sour taste in my mouth for people who are overly sensitive, and take everything personally. In the past I tried to be sensitive to peoples complaints which always ended up with me getting caught in the middle and eventually turned into the instigator of the issue when I had nothing to do with it initially. Now, I am much less involved in this side of guild management, and have taken a rather blunt and direct approach. This change reflects my attitude toward a ever growing trend in some guilds that being politically correct, or in contrast being apathetic, which is what I believe Zorak to be doing, is the best way to handle a guilds social dynamics. I conform to neither philosophy, I think being direct is best and that "tough love" if you prefer, is the only way for some players to understand that their actions are not constructive.

As Crimthan can attest to, being the guilds super patriot did little more then to put me in direct line of fire for many of the guilds social issues, and trying to resolve the issues Cadre had in a sensitive and diplomatic manner during our membership was a immpossible task, one which I never want to repeat.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]