Binbs is right, Drak. I have yet to see a guild where there isn't factions of some sort or the occasional back-lashing drama. That's why I said that it's a particular theme I've noted in the past 10 years - it's unfortunately part of the MMO culture, and is something I wish wasn't there (which was why I said all of that to begin with). The larger a guild and community gets, the more likely there will be inner-factions. Remember Dark Cadre, Cadre Saltuarius, etc? Different factions...but those were created via infrastructure, not by people in a good-ol boy system.

When you find someone having a serious problem with another member, listen to what is being said and try to find a way to bridge that gap between the people.

You know...Drak, that link you posted about CQ really doesn't even count as the drama I've been talking about. It pertains more to members having a problem with the leadership (and trying to hide it in humor) - I'm talking about members not getting along entirely with their peers (same in every guild).

There's a list of people that couldn't stand Zorak - He's too condescending. Yet In the entire whopping 2.5 years I've been in KGB I have yet to witness anyone having a problem with Jetstar.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]