I did not say they were lying as in telling a direct falsehood. Disingenuous used as here would be synonymous with not being candid, and not fully going into the topic of privacy. If a lie, one by omission.

Politifact often does more fully examine an issue to give an overall rating. Quite often they have a "yes this is technically true/false in this regard.... BUT"

Not in this case. They simply had a tagline of "there is privacy protection" or something along those lines, while carefully addressing the issue almost entirely along lines of web-security procedure in relation to some ecommerce sites.

They are now cherry picking when and where to go into more detail and a broader examination of issues, and as a result utilizing their reputation as assembling most of the *relevant* facts to a discussion to give a false impression.

Thus, I have been giving them large black marks.

They also appear to be heavy on the support-wagon for Obamacare and Common Core.

They have also been outright wrong a few times on some issues, but I will only bother to examine that here if it becomes relevant.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)