Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: Sini
Originally Posted By: Derid
House is under no obligation to fund anything.
House is under obligation to keep government working, it their main function. Your view is anarchism.
If all they are supposed to do is rubber stamp government spending, why do we even need them?

Exactly.

Now Sini, it was fun to play along but if your going to keep flying out to the extremities by creative leaps of logic and syntactical abuse we need to get a few things straight.

First: Its not a shutdown its a slim down. I also just looked out my window... no riots, anarchy, or anything else. Guess what - if this status quo continues there still wont be anarchy.

Second: Its not about repealing Obamacare(Pelosicare) , as has already been established a compromise of delaying the mandate portion kicking in for a year was offered and rejected by Obama. Honestly how can you forget important details like that so easily, and expect to put up an argument?

Since all your arguments stem from your assertion that a repeal is what the GOP has demanded, when the fact is that a 1 year delay has in fact been on the table you have managed to invalidate yourself.

Im going to do a lazy eval here and not address statements made subsequent to a failed logic check.

I will note in passing however, that the system for Obamacare is obviously not in technical working order and even MSM left wing shills like Blitzer have started suggesting that a delay isnt such a bad idea.

I will also note in passing that default is impossible unless deliberate - revenues are greater than debt service payments. Without raising the debt ceiling, there will be no default.. spending will just be reduced to income, which is still considerable.

This whole "situation" can be over simply by Obama giving in on a one year mandate delay for Obamacare. Both parties can then return to their regularly scheduled looting.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)