Quote:

FRIENDS LIST
A FRIENDS list will be established and friends given access to the KGB ALLIES FORUM here at the Oracle. Both Federal and Faction governments would keep posted (Using the KGB Wiki) an accurate and updated list at all times. Anyone on the Friends list may NEVER be attacked without specific permission from the FACTION or FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

In the case of treason, what then? In this case of treason or betrayal, what if only one person witnesses it, and no Officials are on at the time of the incident? Are you saying that the criminal is to be allowed to continue doing damage and then escape without any opposition?

Quote:

ENGAGEMENT
If an individual is not an ally, assume he/she is a threat. You may engage first--the highest ranking officer present at the scene at the time will make that decision. However, above all act honorably. No griefing, trash talking. Conversations are fine, but represent the honor of the guild well in both deed and in word.

In my humble opinion, what might be best served here is instead of instilling an highly aggressive attitude upon members since that is the general state all players will have already being that it's pvp, remind them more of being cautious, and warning those they come across that they are prepared to fight if given a reason to. Warnings ultimateums and demands can open up dialog which may avoid a problem altogether or learn information otherwise unknown. If ignored then I could understand a threat level increase and eventual hostilities. I'd hate to be attacked by KGB as I walk up to a group just because I am automatically considered a THREAT.

Quote:

CORPSE CAMPING
KGB engages in corpse camping only as retaliation for camping KGB members or allies. The ranking officer at the scene must announce to the corpse, "KGB engages in corpse camping only as punishment for corpse camping our membership. You have assisted and or committed this offense against our Guild or allies, therefore you are being punished. Please log out".
The act of corpse camping is camping a dead player and killing them again and again when they clearly have no chance to defend themselves.

This is pretty typical, and understandable. I like that so far the rules are simple, and whether intended or not three rules make following ROE's easier to remember. Sticking with three ROE's, I would replace the last one, since it represents common practice, with something that goes into more detail about RPK activities unrelated to griefing. Griefing as it stands is simple to incorperate into ROE's by simply stating that "Any activity looked upon as Griefing will be met with equal force"

Basically ROEs usually refer to Seeing an Enemy, Being Attacked by an Enemy, Those harboring Enemies, Enemies locations and bases of operations, Enemies alliances and logistical operations, or enemy covert or unconventional movements or activities.

I hope I'm not being overly judgemental, or obsessive concerning this topic and if so I apologize.

Last edited by Drakiis; 12/23/07 03:38 PM.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]