Not sure if i count as friend yet, but this is intriguing... so here's my 2cents.

Identification of enemies is all well and good, but I honestly don't see how AoC is different from how you treated the ROEs in shadowbane. All the elements in AoC parallels that in AoC. Hell, in some respects, it's downright a copy. You didn't have to go rpk in shadowbane, i doubt you'd have to go that far in AoC.

The problem in this case is that a full loot system promotes rpking and the need for quick decisions. You can't create a kill list for everyone on the server and, most likely, other guilds will be more aggressive and will always make the first move. Here's where I think KGB's legendary static rule system shines. Something clear and concise such as; responding known enemies, identifying hostile intent or even attacking any large group that encroaches on a guild group, would be fine. On the other hand, i believe these rules would have to be more aggressive than you guys are used to because in a full loot game, as i'm sure you are aware, the first move is everything.

If you think about it, clear ROEs can not only protect your members but, if each member abides by the ROEs to the letter, you can garner a reputation quickly on how to and how not to act when one sees a KGB member.

Since it's been a long time since a real PvP game has come out (10 bucks most of the players will be WoWers), establishing a reputation early with set ROEs could influence how KGB ultimately fares in the keepwars.

Former KGB Member