A return to a full engagement, full loot environment will be a welcome change, but also cause problems for the traditional KGB rule set. The reality was that KGB members did what they had to do and in many cases, created a political nightmare for themselves and Jet, as they Pk'd when necessary, had alts who were PK's and gave back shot for shot when they got hit. My fondest memories are with KGB on the fileds of UO Pac and Siege Perilous but I also recall a lot of the infighting and dynamic crap that occurred because of the code and the numerous violations of it, mine included.

My advice, since you provided me the opportunity, would be to alter your code and rules to be more conducive to the new environment and still hold on to your traditional value system. Many people believe that AOC will not provide the "protect the innocent" environment that previos games have, but it will actually provide more than that.

As a general guideline, I would suggest you adopt some of the previous game mentalities, recognizing that foes will not be immediately obvious except for some of the more notorious guilds. Protecting yourselves, and your loot, will be as important as your protection of others. Stand and wait to get attacked everytime will be a losing proposition, and aggresive tactics will open you to the usual junk KGB gets in every game. So, get your "new" rule set's created quickly, make them flexible in design and implementation, provide your field commanders and in game leadership with enough lee-way to proceed as they see fit on the scene, and make sure every enemy and friend alike knows that KGB will still uphold it's value system, but will not be the punching bag of every "dread" whatever that comes along.

AOC will require a mentality that is different, as the game appears to truly attempt to hold on to the feel and environment of the Hyborian Age as Howard dreamed it to be. A specific character class does not equate to good or evil, and many will be lost without solid guilds like KGB to support their efforts in survival. You will want your new standards to meet that, but allow your membership to act as they need to. Some of your Vanguard rule set would stand you well, I imagine, but only time will tell.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]