<KGB> is an amazing guild. With a great collection of players.

This is our guild. My guild.

There are people in this guild that I get excited just thinking about playing with.

The Open Faction status in BDO meant that <KGB> members are explicitly allowed to join other guilds. But only if they remain anonymous and not in conflict with the KGB faction.

But that's not even the situation we have now.

As Senator Owain said in his post, there is no longer even an official BDO "open" faction. Or in the words of JetStar in his forum post on the topic, KGB in BDO has been "mothballed".

And now, I would no longer have the option to remain anonymous anyway. Even a name change would allow someone to identify the new player that suddenly showed up on all the same leader boards out of nowhere.

Prior to the start, some <KGB> members openly expressed that they would be playing in other guilds, some on Edan server. They no longer met the anonymous requirement. It didn't seem to be an issue with anyone. No one seemed to care.

Various <KGB> members went to different guilds. Some, prior to the closing of the faction. This was documented by Taxman in an update post.

KGB members are in at least 4 different guilds on Edan, not counting those who never joined the official <KGB> faction.

I asked Taxman and DarkCaesar if they had any contact with them, but it didn't seem like contact had been maintained.

Many then moved to <Lethality>.

After a couple weeks and some Node Wars with <Lethality>, I wasn't feeling great about the guild.

Then they told me that it was forbidden for <Lethality> members to play on certain channels (only after I had been in the guild for over 2 weeks) because they were afraid of being bullied by other guilds.

I decided it wasn't the right guild for me.

When I left <Lethality>, no one from the KGB Leadership Team took the initiative to reach out to me. No one cared.

When I joined <Kyoukai>, I was seen by multiple KGB and Lethality members, I was in the leader boards, it wasn't a secret. No one from KGB said anything to me. No one cared.

I was there for 2 weeks. No one reached out to me. No one cared.

When we were gathering for the fight, both sides were in Velia together. They knew they were going against <Kyoukai>. Silence.

After the fight, no one reached out to me.

The Leadership Team of KGB BDO remained silent.

With <KGB> members spread out among 4+ guilds, it is obvious and inevitable that, in a Guild v. Guild game, players will come into competition with one another.

I never heard that issue raised in the several weeks after the dispersal.

I can understand how it might bother some members to be in competition with other members.

Those other members fought against me and did not hold their fire. I wouldn't expect them to. They fought a good fight and played hard, and had fun.

It is unfortunate that there is an issue. Had <Lethality> won, I wonder if it would have still been a problem?

Or would it have been Good Game, Nice Fight? More likely, it would have been more silence.

Of the <KGB> members spread out among guilds in BDO, is it only the members who are in the guild with the most <KGB> that get to be the aggrieved party?

Or can I be the aggrieved party? After all, they attacked me. They are in a different guild than I am.

If I can recruit other <KGB> members into my guild, is the situation suddenly reversed? Are we now the aggrieved party, and have we been wronged by those dis-honorable bad-doers in <Lethality>?

I certainly don't think so. That's silly.

However, it seems that the ones who are most upset about a single person, in a single guild, in a single fight, are thinking along these lines.

That creates an unhealthy mentality and manufactures completely unnecessary hard feelings.

Even if we still had an Open Faction in BDO, the Bill of Rights and Conduct describes:

Quote:
This means that a KGB citizen may be a member of another guild in that region that has been declared OPEN, subject to the following restrictions:

You may never intentionally attack or assist in any nonconsensual attack against any citizen of KGB or KGB Organization at any time.

Since everyone involved went intentionally into a PvP event knowing it was a PvP event, "nonconsentual" would be a stretch, to say the least.

And that would be for when we had previously had an Open Faction.

In summary
1.unless there is some serious back-peddling on what has been documented, there is no longer a BDO KGB faction.
2. KGB members are dispersed among multiple guilds in a game based largely around Guild v. Guild conflict.
3. If I violated any rule, so did anyone else in that competition.
4. Let's be friends.