Originally Posted By: sinij
Appears you are still living under "America, Fuck Yeah!" delusions of grandeur. Way the world sees Republicans reflects on the way the world sees America and that affects how the world reacts and cooperates with America.

While Ahmadinejad might agree with your point "who cares how the world sees", his example isn't exactly one we want to follow. Not in the age of global economics, capital and trade.

Who said anything about Team America? My question remains unanswered. Observe:

The Germans, and all NATO countries, live under the aegis of US protection, freeing up their budgets for the sort of vast social spending that you, Sinij, appear to advocate. So why should we, as Americans, care what they think? I'm guessing you don't have children, or this analogy I'm about to describe would leap out at you without explanation. The analogy is this: do you take your minor children's opinions into account when planning a family budget? Answer, no. The reason for this is because children are not responsible for themselves; someone else must care for them. This is analogous to the situation in Europe or any of our other client states: they aren't responsible for themselves, they must have someone to look after them. Let's count the ways:

Monetarily- they have tried the Euro and it has failed, so it's back to the dollar
Economically- Who funds the IMF? Answer: Uncle Sam
Militarily- do I really need to spell it out? NATO sans USA couldn't topple Khaddafi
Diplomatically- Who funds and houses the UN? Answer: Uncle Sam

So again, please explain to me why we should care what some Eurorag thinks of American politics, and what bearing this has on the American political climate? How's the "reset" thingy going? How does the world view Democrats? Is this leap to compare my views with Ahmadinejad's simply a twist on Godwin's Law?

KGB Darkfall