rant/ WSJ opinion page - won't even read it, its a yellow festering rag rotting carcass of once-great newspaper. I won't read it because I still remember when WSJ had journalists with respectable (but right-leaning) opinions. These days they print climate change deniers, Palin ghost-writers and the like. You might as well link The Enquirer. /rant

Quote:
No wonder you can quote data, but not interpret what it means in the real world. You let Obama do it for you.

Trying to make a MORAL case for taxation simply because some families have two incomes and/or live in high cost of living areas just wont ever fly.

Where is that roll your eyes smiley Jet promised? In case you can't tell - I am rolling my eyes at you. Trying to dismiss my opinions based on similarity to Obamas is laughable. Not only Obama not necessary wrong by a simple virtue of being Obama, but he too based his opinion on something, being The President, and no economist.

My case for progressive taxation is not MORAL, it is very practical in a "what makes most sense for the betterment of country" way. You don't have to look far or dig deep to see how dysfunctional current system is, so the only real question is what direction it must change. More of the same is simply not the answer. Reagan experiment run its course, was shown to be complete failure and we need to stop waiting for the trickle-down, because only shit flows down.

Last edited by sinij; 12/09/11 11:44 PM.

[Linked Image]