Bolton is an idiot.

The problem with your narrative here, is there are plenty of Leftists who are just as idiotic. I suppose we could get into a competition as to who could post the most idiots, but it hardly seems worthwhile.

My personal hope is for the currently stalled reformation of the GOP to get restarted and continue, because while more than half of the GOP are terrible - I find it hard to find any Dems who arent.

Things arent looking good right now though. The only real hope if for Paul to gain traction and bring attention to the state of things, and, even if he loses - create an environment where his supporters continue taking part in the process and holding some peoples feet to the fire.

The TP looked like it was set to take on that role for a short period of time, but in many cases has instead morphed into a sad echo chamber for Evangelical religious Statists. I mean, you cant be for Newt Gingrich and still be a true Tea Partier.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)