Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon
What about those who aren't lazy? The health insurance companies didn't lift a finger to provide health insurance to peopke,

Actually, this right here pretty much says that you think insurance companies are responsible for taking care of people who haven't paid them anything.

I hate to break the news to you, because apparently no one ever has, but life isn't fair and you're not guaranteed anything other than that you will eventually die.

Stop sounding like a broken record. Insurance companies should provide insurance at a fair price & fair conditions. Yes the world isn't fair, but why should that be a excuse for a business not to be, their is a difference between a business & the Mafia/mob.

Quote:

Insurance companies are responsible for taking care of people who haven't paid them anything.

I never put that. Lets all look at this good What about those who aren't lazy? The health insurance companies didn't lift a finger to provide health insurance to peopke,

Ok I misspelled people, but I don't see free or anything that means free.

Quote:
The other side of the argument believes (and I think this is perverted logic at best) that they are the epitome of charity in their advocacy for the government to take from one and give to another. What they seem to believe is that they are charitable but the rest of humanity is greedy and selfish and left to their own devises would never help anyone. If you really believe that everyone but you is selfish, why would you want to help them? And that, in my opinion, is the primary flaw in that line of reasoning. In order to want to help others you must first have a sincere belief in the redemptive quality of your fellow man. But since that sincere belief logically leads to my side of the argument, I'm forced to realize that many folks who are claiming to be charitable, by advocating for wealth redistribution, either have a nefarious reason for doing so, or only want to be SEEN as charitable and giving. The desire for perceived charity over actual charity, in my opinion is one of the definitions of evil.

So all that just to say I believe everyone is selfish, so thanks for rubber stamping me that way. I gave $100 to the help for Haiti charity. I hope you or your loved ones never get horribly sick, or have to pay for meds./med. bills or the house/food/car/utilities. Why can't someone get health insurance for $350ish instead of $1,000+

Last edited by Salohcin Dragon; 04/09/11 02:38 PM.

Former KGB Member