Originally Posted By: JetStar
Well lets hope that Drakiis never gets sick, or needs health care while he is busting his ass. It would permanently bankrupt him. As someone with family members with disease, I can tell you first hand that if there was no medicare, they would be dead as they cant afford the medicine, the operations, and what it takes for them to enjoy their golden years.
They paid into social security and medicare just as I am. I expect my share when the time comes.

Ahem..i am already bankrupt, not officially chapter type bankruptcy but i have five whole dollars in my pocket right now which is the extent of my" savings" if you will. So a healthcare plan means nothing to me currently, even though i have paid into a health care system in the past.

For people like me its a roll of the dice when you get sick. You go in poor as the day you were born get treated and billed but attempt to qualify for finacial relief or aid to either pay your bill in full or reduce it to where you can manage it yourself, but the problem is you must first qualify for it, and then depending on the circumstances like surgery, medication, therapy, the equipment used, whether you used toilet paper while you were there etc etc they look at what you were treated for and how. If everything falls into place just right you might get that aid.

When i had my gallbladder removed i had no money that surgery had to easily be a five thousand dollar price tag, but it was enflamed and spasming it felt like a heart attack they had to work on me money or not

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]