Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon

So all that just to say I believe everyone is selfish, so thanks for rubber stamping me that way. I gave $100 to the help for Haiti charity. I hope you or your loved ones never get horribly sick, or have to pay for meds./med. bills or the house/food/car/utilities. Why can't someone get health insurance for $350ish instead of $1,000+

There are tons of medical plans you can get for under $350.
Basic EPO plans run roughly $100 - $150 a month, for a single individual and include prescription coverage as well as basic doctors visits and a certain amount of lab work per year. Hell, some even cover the cost of labor, which can be upward of $25,000 - $50,000, if everything is routine.

I personally pay $1,050 a month for my health coverage (through Oxford; family of 4), have no deductible, a $15 co-pay, $15 prescription plan and have never been denied or second guessed for any claim we have ever had to make. My lady has been to the doctor more than 15 times since our 2nd childs birth and our health plan has always covered every last bit of it, including her MRIs and MRAs. If you want good coverage, you should pay for it; if you prefer to pay for cheaper medical coverage to save some money, that is fine, but do some good research before deciding when and why you go to the doctor.

Health Insurance has to cost a lot because there are a lot of charges involved in the process. Considering I have been with my health insurance company for only 14 months ($14,700) and they have already paid out in excess of $40,000 in that time, I sure as hell feel ahead of the game. No increase in my premium and no additional questions asked. If I had no insurance, the $40,000 that the insurance company paid would have cost me over $80,000, since the insurance company gets a hefty discount; so again, I have no issues with how my current insurance is. My only issue is I feel a lot of doctors are being underpaid for their work. Whenever we go in for a physical, or sick visit, my insurance only pays the doctor $17 and change, plus my $15 co-pay...hardly a way to make a living since sometimes we are seen for a good 30 - 45 mins and sometimes have re-checks, in which we pay nothing.

On another side note, my Life Insurance policy, covers me until 2078 (at which time I will be 95 years old; most likely already passed away) and has $1,000,000 coverage for my family. I pay $363 a year for that policy for the next 30 years. This will amount to roughly $10,890 over the course of 30 years...hardly a portion of the final payout. It pays to get these things when you are young and healthy to avoid the higher end premiums.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]