Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon
Quote:
To Jet's point, it is not now, nor has it ever been the responsibility of the government to make sure you have healthcare, food, shelter or anything other than the freedom to persue your desires. The end result of any of these programs is more and more people who aren't willing to get off their lazy asses and go do something to better their lives.

What about those who aren't lazy? The health insurance companies didn't lift a finger to provide health insurance to peopke, the was the pre-existing condition rule, if you got sick suddenly your not covered & other things I am sure. Oh & the cost, one thing the Gov. wanted to be part of health reform was buying into Medicaid, ok that sound like a good plan. No, the GOP didn't like that!!!

I'm sure I don't understand the leap of logic you used to justify the statement that insurance companies are responsible for providing health insurance. They are a business and like any other business they are there if you are willing to pay. Other than being responsible for lawful payments to participating clients, they don't owe you or anyone else anything.

Perhaps you can enlighten me?

I never said they are responsible for providing anything, try getting insurance with a pre-existing condition or talk to some one about fairness when they suddenly don't have coverage when they get cancer or some other horrible illness. What about those who have to pay med. bills or for medication or utility bills or food or their house or car, no I a not saying free rides for all. Have you looked at the cost of insurance? It is not affordable for everyone. Hell the Pres. wanted people to be able to buy into Medicaid, it was part of the Health Reform Bill, Republicans said no. The reason, you tell me??

Last edited by Salohcin Dragon; 04/08/11 08:48 PM.

Former KGB Member