Thats a really good point Helemoto, and one that constantly frustrates me when I chat with people about these sorts of things. So few people have much of a clue as to how expensive it is, and also how much liability there is in regards to employing folk.

One more unintended side effect of Obamacare - expect to see an even more pervasive " Perma Temp " underclass grow.

There is already a large underclass fo folk who are basically permanent temps... each time the govt adds costs and regulations this group of people grows.

I know a guy who worked as a manager at one of the big temp agencies. Now, keep in mind this was 5 years or so ago I got these numbers, but if a company paid a temp agency 13-14/hr, then the employee hired would typically make about 9/hr. Sounds like a big difference eh? That the employee is getting ripped off?

Apparently, the agency margins are really low though. Most of that differential goes to workmans comp, unemployment insurance, taxes, fees, etc.

Paying the small extra margins to the agencies is a good deal for companies though, because it helps shield them from liability and reduces their own paperwork load.

Expect to see a huge surge in 29 hour a week temps in 2014. The irony is the vast majority of those people will look to Obama to help them, as they are poor and Obama "helps" the poor, seldom realizing that Obama is largely responsible for their plight.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)