Quote:

JetStar
KGB High King

Reged: 04/12/03
Loc: KGB HeadQuarters, Pentagon Cit... Re: KGB's Future: You Decide [Re: nethervoid]
#132341 - 02/27/07 01:11 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Well written Nether, and food for though.

I think you are right on, and I should encourage the membership to create official factions in the games they are playing. Even if there is only a handful.

The only problem I see is that a small organization in many games is a big disadvantage. Lets keep the conversation going and try to figure out what the best move here is.

I think getting something official is a MUST though for the reasons you broght up.

I definitely agree you can't have a bunch of rag-tag small little factions in every game someone has a stain in their pants to play. It takes a strong push like was done in SB to be done right. The way I would do it is just write up some kind of formal requirements for forming a faction (and maybe that already exists), which would basically be:

- Someone says 'OMG THIS GAME IS LEET!@@!@@!!!!! LET"S START A FACTION!'
- A few people need to step up and say they will run it
- High council (or Senate - I'm a bit rusty on our infrastructure) chooses out of the bunch who they think could pull it off best - Or if they feel nobody in the lot is good enough, nix the project altogether
- Someone is deemed 'good enough' and 'dedicated enough', and that person launches their campaign to basically build a 'guild' for all intents and purposes, using the pre-designed template we have set up (which I think we do)
- They recruit in the game and build the KGB presence in this new game

And there you have it. The hardest part is finding someone suitable to lead it and be dedicated to it. Most of us old-timers have burned ourselves out a time or two at this point in our lives leading stuff like this (lol), so it can be hard to find someone with the motivation and knowhow. That's probably the rarest ingredient of the whole pie.

Quote:

BoSllBibliotequa
KGB Senator

Reged: 12/01/05
Re: KGB's Future: You Decide [Re: Owain]
#132351 - 02/27/07 03:02 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Yeah I definitely agree with Owain and Jet. You're right, I don't know you personally, I've seen you around the forums a bit, but that in no way changes the fact that that was an excellent post. You're right, getting some factions going will definitely be a step in the right direction, but like I said before, and like you said just now, if a bunch of KGB are playing together, a faction should be formed, I don't think we should unanimously decide to start one and all be forced to join on the bandwagon or something.

I agree you wouldn't 'force' anybody to play in this new faction or any others, but the guild as a whole must decide on a game to make a stand in. A sincere stand that says 'We are friggin KGB, and you will recognize!' At this point in the guild's history, the membership needs to get together and choose a game they think will make a big stink for KGB, for the guild, putting aside personal desires. We must all decide which game out right now or in the next few months will be the best game with which to plant our flag. Even if we don't like any of the games on the list, we make that choice to keep KGB alive and help it prosper. Making that choice for the guild instead of for yourself. That's what I think we need to do.

If the decision happens to be the game you want to play, well f'in A that's awesome. If not, sorry about that, but nevertheless support the decision and faction to the best of your ability. Or maybe at least try it out and try to focus on the positive. You might like it! =)