In my opinion, we should not create a closed faction in any game that we've already had a major presence in and has been deemed 'open'. If we were to create a closed faction I would expect it to be in a game that's fairly new (ie, Vanguard). Even though I'm not very interested in Vanguard and most people wouldn't be able to handle it, I suppose I'd be willing to play it if we had a closed faction. However, it just doesn't sound like the kind of game KGB was designed for. I can only think of 3 games that I feel KGB has been able to fulfill it's purpose in since the creation of the guild, even though I wasn't present for several factions. Those 3 are Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot (PVP Servers), and Shadowbane; I think these are the only 3 because they're the only ones that have allowed for the immediate punishment of griefers and the like, at least of the games I'm familiar with.

If we were to create a closed faction in Vanguard I would expect it to be on the perma-death server, as it would give us a much greater purpose than just competing for gear and levels, and it would separate the play style from that of WoW.

So, I voted that we should not start an official faction, but that was before I considered that KGB could carry out their duty of protecting the innocent on the perma-death Vanguard server.

I really hate grinding for gear and levels when I know that the endgame is basically just a slow-pace FPS with no consequences aside from reputation.

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]