Quote:

... I think letting people work their skills in the game of their choosing makes logically sense to me.

I have to disagree here - game mechanics are trivial. Anyone can do that in whatever game there is. We are talking computer games here, not rocket science. Far more important is building the teamwork and relationships among everyone in the KGB - you can't do that if you are grinding your skills in one game, others are camping a spawn in a different game, and I am poking yet another game with a stick to see if it shows any sign of life.

It's the team work and coordination in a single game that matters. Time was that KGB was big enough that we could have a group in UO, another in DaOC, and yet another in some other game, and we would have a significant presence in all of them. This was great. I could follow and appreciate the exploits of the KGB in a game that I wasn't even playing, because we always had enough folks in a particular game that the KGB could make an impact.

6 people in one game, and 7 people in yet another, and 1 or 2 people of soloing in yet other games still does not make an impact. I think we need to pull togehter and rally round the flag so that we can try to achieve critical mass somewhere. Once we do that, getting that good old 'Hate the KGB' feeling rekindled in the groups we love to grind beneath our collective boots, and things will get moving again.

Or we can sit around and wait for the next big thing to come along.

Damn.

If I wanted to do that, I'd have joined CxC!

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council