I have zero self-doubt on this issue, and have much more detailed understanding of underlying technologies than most people out there. Your allusions to greater understanding are amusingly transparent, but feel free to ask me questions if you want to get informed. What I am starting to do is getting annoyed at blunt fact-denying and unwillingness to consider information I present to you.

Derid, you are wrong on this issue. I have explained why, I presented examples where negative effects of your wrongness already manifested.

What I am amazed is that otherwise intelligent people like you were played like a fiddle by special interests and were convinced that black is white and Net Neutrality is government intervention into content control. There is absolutely no sane interpretation of FCC's "you may not restrict..." that would lead one to conclude they are trying to control content. Have you actually read it yourself or just relied on what others told you?

Originally Posted By: FCC
The Commission adopts three basic protections that are grounded in broadly accepted Internet norms, as well as our own prior decisions.

First, transparency: fixed and mobile broadband providers must disclose the network management practices, performance characteristics, and commercial terms of their broadband services. Second, no blocking: fixed broadband providers may not block lawful content, applications, services, or non-harmful devices; mobile broadband providers may not block lawful Web sites, or block applications that compete with their voice or video telephony services. Third, no unreasonable discrimination: fixed broadband providers may not unreasonably discriminate in transmitting lawful network traffic.

The Internet's openness is supported by an ``end-to-end'' network architecture that was formulated and debated in standard-setting organizations and foundational documents.

See, e.g., WCB Letter 12/10/10, Attach. at 17-29, Vinton G. Cerf & Robert E. Kahn, A Protocol for Packet Network Interconnection, COM-22 IEEE Transactions of Commc'ns Tech. 637-48 (1974); WCB Letter 12/10/10, Attach. at 30-39, J.H. Saltzer et al., End to End Arguments in System Design, Second Int'l Conf. on Distributed Computing Systems, 509-12 (1981); WCB Letter 12/10/10, Attach. at 49-55, B. Carpenter, Internet Engineering Task Force (``IETF''), Architectural Principles of the Internet, RFC 1958, 1-8 (June 1996), http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1958.txt; Lawrence Roberts, Multiple Computer Networks and Intercomputer Communication, ACM Symposium on Operation System Principles (1967).

Under the end-to-end principle, devices in the middle of the network are not optimized for the handling of any particular application, while devices at network endpoints perform the functions necessary to support networked applications and services.

See generally WCB Letter 12/10/10, Attach. at 40-48, J. Kempf & R. Austein, IETF, The Rise of the Middle and the Future of End-to-End: Reflections on the Evolution of the Internet Architecture, RFC 3724, 1-14 (March 2004)

Last edited by sini; 05/11/13 05:49 AM.

[Linked Image]