"You claim that Net Neutrality will shortly fall on its own (it hasn't since 1980s, or even 1860s if I chose to be coy with telegraph regulations) , you also claim that it is something completely new (and ignore status quo of 20+ years and end-to-end principle), yet you support corporate interests that through the court system (violence of armed men, dur dur) attempt to change this. So does it have to be changed or will it fail on its own?
"

You are seriously trying to assert that the NN as currently written, encompasses and embodies all the factors that allowed the Internet to be what it is? Seriously?

As for corporate interests, the only reason NN became a talking point is because mega corporate interests wanted to serve more content and pay less for peering.

As for AT&T and Comcast, note that the issues have been addressed outside of "NN". There are, and have been, other avenues of recourse available in the cases of outright douchebaggery.

In the end though, it comes down to implementing a proper plan and implementing a patchwork plan.

The solution is really pretty simple as I have said - enact controls, and open-access regulations that effect all taxpayer subsidized infrastructure - localities can also be influenced by this if they receive state or federal funds towards their infrastructure, which most do.

Make it so govt is compelled to allow anyone to access the taxpayer funded trunks, or drop in additional fiber on the existing cable lines and have local pole access. Worst case then, Comcast has local monopoly and acts like douches - see how fast someone raises a couple hundred thousand , lights fiber to a backbone node, drops in a couple cabinets and takes all their customers.

Govt could do a lot to make the process easier, eliminate red tape and make sure that public infrastructure was available to anyone.

At the end of the day, the only thing that keep megacorps in check is competition.

Its not that I disregard anything, you just dont like to think things through. If it "sounds good" , then its good enough for you.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)