Be wary the ghosts of the past, warriors lost to ruinous time.

I have been reading your discussions on this topic, and there is much wisdom in many of the arguments for and against the alliance of guilds.

I was a member of CQ for over 5 years and I am very knowledgeable in it's workings leading up to SB and COS. Though my playing time and resources tapered off not long after SB release I did beta and remained informed of some of our progress within SB.

Simply put COS was built on deception both by our own leadership and that of it's allies. Many core members were not aware of the activities of it's leadership or that of the other guilds. This deception is only part of the fractious nature of COS. Other issues which became even more of a problem was guild Identity, once you immurse yourself into an alliance your guilds identity can become diminished and fade, other problems become logistics for organization and mobilization of men and matierials, the problematic projection of force and become an issue also.

Getting people to the fight in a timely manner can cause alliances to splinter, not knowing whether you'll command full strength or be a hodge-podge of different people. You'll experience jelousy as members of other guilds or even those within your own guild want benefits and honors that have been set aside for spacific alliance members.

Like two spoiled children wanting attention from mom, factious fights and disabling logistics can be the undoing of an alliance.

My suggestion is making KGB.....FULL ON KGB first. Empower yourselves before any alliance is drawn up, learn the game, know all that you can, gain all you can build all you can and then when you have mastered not only the game but yourselves as well you'll be in a much stronger position to make proposals to others. But however you decide choose your allies wisely, for they become your reputaion as well as you ally and competition.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]