Be honest though, you dont actually pay much attention to what people actually say, or think through the ramifications several steps out.

I guess I wish, for the purposes at least of having interesting discussions... that you would stop with the accusations of dogma, take part in discussions as they are - and not the imaginary discussion that apparently happens in your head. If I ever decided to run for office, and you wanted to say " you dont trust what I say, this is what you really think so I wont vote for you " - I would say fine - fair enough. But no one is running for office here, its just a discussion.

You say willingness to compromise, but compromise what? My positions as stated have not changed. In fact they have been pretty plain if you ever chose to actually look.

As far as putting people in your neat little groups, I find it utterly amazing that you think that I am close in many regards to some people that have posted on this forum. Sure, there is some agreement... but as you yourself pointed out in a separate thread ( that I reallly wanted to jump into, but didnt) , different sets can have overlap but still be very dissimilar overall.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)