Originally Posted By: sinij

Meanwhile people who actually need food stamps to survive can barely to afford to eat.

I drive by a church that has a food bank and gives out food like many others in the area do. If people are barely eating it's because someone isn't letting them eat.

Again when my parents had to go on food stamps for a few months we had food. We didn't have prime rib or filet Minot. I remember eating a lot of vegetables & fruits during that time, those are healthy right?

You can sit there and use that article all you want, it comes down to choices. You can CHOOSE to go to the grocery store and find creative ways to eat healthy food. Sure it's not like going to a fast food place ordering a fried chicken sandwich and diet soda. You can eat healthy with little money if you "CHOOSE" to! It's just to easy to stop by McDonald's and order off the dollar menu. I'm sure that's the "REAL" reason for the Obesity thing among poorer people. I've said before there's nothing wrong with some assistance, but damn he's handing out twice as much as anyone else. Makes you wonder if he's just trying to keep the masses happy by keeping them fat!